Millions of people use elevators every year, a situation that calls for stringent safety measures. Building owners are expected to carry out periodic inspections of the equipment, and frequent maintenance of elevators in their properties. That requires you to enlist the services of a reputable elevator service company. At VDA, our main responsibility is to ensure that such companies are offering the best available services to our clients. Our consultants are available for property managers and owners seeking elevator service in Des Moines.
What Factors Should You Consider When Looking for an Elevator Service Company?
When searching for an elevator service company, you should consider the following:
- Versatility – A credible firm offers a variety of services, including maintenance, repairs, and modernization. In addition, they’re able to work on different elevator models and types.
- Location – Location is a sensitive factor, particularly when it comes to dealing with emergency repairs. Companies that are nearby are more likely to provide timely services.
- Mechanic Availability – The potential firm should have enough technicians to cover the workload they have. This is crucial as it will affect the quality of regular services and their availability for any unexpected issues and repairs.
Which Services Are Offered by Elevator Service Companies?
Some of the services provided by elevator service firms include:
- Maintenance – Lifts require maintenance services at least once every year. This is a basic service that should be part of an elevator service contract.
- Repairs – Sometimes, elevators break down, and if yours does, a prompt response is required. This is another area of expertise that elevator service companies specialize in. They make a diagnosis, then resolve the issue.
- Modernization – Each year, there is the manufacturing and development of new elevator parts, designs, and technologies. Service companies advise building managers of these options to make existing elevators more efficient.
Mistakes to Avoid When Signing an Elevator Service Contract
The following are some of the mistakes to avoid before signing an elevator maintenance agreement:
- Failure to Scrutinize the Contract – An elevator service contract can be a lengthy document with different clauses concerning repair and maintenance costs, overtime charges, and available services. Failure to study the contract carefully may leave a building with an elevator that’s not working. This can be the case if the manager finds out the required repairs are not part of the contract they’ve signed. By scrutinizing the contract before signing, you’ll be fully aware of what services and costs are covered.
- Ignoring Other Companies – There are many companies offering elevator services, but they’re not all the same. The capability, experience, and customer service of each may be different. By ignoring multiple companies before settling for one firm, you might miss the opportunity to get the best available services.
For All Your Consulting Needs
As a property owner or manager, you might not be fully aware of all the regulations in place involving elevator maintenance. That puts you at risk of contracting companies that will not work in your best interest. With VDA consultants by your side, you’ll not have to worry about being taken advantage of. We will scrutinize every contract for your elevator service in Des Moines to make sure it’s worth every penny. Give us a call today on 973-994-9220 to know more about what we can do for you.
Pasadena CA 91101