VDA provides “Third Party” Inspection Services and/or “Witness” Testing of Mandated Periodic Inspections, depending on local law requirements.
These Include: Mandated Periodic Testing (NYC)/Third Party Witness/Annual Inspection Certification (AIC).
Following these Inspection/tests, VDA will file the required report and findings on behalf of the Client. In addition, VDA will provide a copy of the test report to the Client for record.
- Primary National Codes Applicable to Vertical Transportation:
- ASME A17.1 Safety Code for Elevators and Escalators
- International Building Code
- NFPA 70 National Electrical Code
- NFPA 72 National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code
- Each local jurisdiction’s requirements for VT are based on the above standards. Important to note:
- Each local jurisdiction has adopted these standards with different exceptions and added requirements.
- Each local jurisdiction’s Code is based on a certain edition (year) of the above standards.
- Codes are updated regularly, but local jurisdictions don’t adopt updated standards as frequently.
- Vertical Transportation is required to meet Codes in effect at the time of installation or the last alteration (modernization), although there may be some new requirements that are retroactive.
- Jurisdictional Inspection – Witnessed
- Jurisdictional Inspection – Non-Witnessed
- Code Violation Tracking
- AOC (Affirmation of Correction) Tracking (NYC)
- Code Compliance Expenses
- Witness Code Required Mandated Testing on site while being performed by the Elevator Contractor
- Perform Code Required Inspection, where Permitted by Code
- Document Inspection and Testing Results as Required by Code
- File Documentation with the Authority Having Jurisdiction
- Provide Owner/Manager with Copies of Documentation