/ General News, Industry News
vda® Elevator Knowledge Center
From the desk of: Dana Rice – Midwest Region
Do you know that…
Removing Elevators from building power and shutting them down temporarily requires planning and coordination.
• Confirm that you are authorized to shut down your equipment with the local Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ).
• Elevators that are used for ADA compliance and medical emergencies should not be turned off.
• All floors that are served by an elevator, must have at least one (1) elevator servicing that floor operational.
• Notify building personnel of any elevator shutdowns, including alternate access routes to the main egress levels.
• Be 100% certain that the elevators are empty, at the time they are removed from service.
• Keep Elevator Communication Device inside cab operational at all times.
• Remove Elevator from service per the Original Manufacturers/Service Companies recommendations.
• Memory software and battery backup must be protected. Alternating equipment usage regularly is recommended.
Our diverse experience and wealth of knowledge will provide the most suitable and effective solution for your vertical transportation needs.
To learn how vda® can help you on your next project visit our services page.
vda® have a vast pool of knowledgeable professionals who have worked for all the major vendors in the industry.