Richard Sheppard Arnold U.S. Courthouse
The United States Post Office and Courthouse in Little Rock was built in 1931-32, and, though not listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the building is considered eligible because it embodies the characteristics of Greek Revival architecture.
The project involved alteration of 249,563 sq. ft. in the existing Main Building and the 1941 addition, and an expansion to provide 8 new courtrooms on two floors. VDA’s scope of work included consulting services through shop drawing review for modernization of four (4) existing elevators, removal of two (2) existing elevators; the addition of one (1) new elevator in a new hoistway in the existing building, as well seven (7) new elevators [three (3) passenger; two (2) judges’ and two (2) prisoner elevators] in the addition.