Always on the lookout for qualified personnel who value a topnotch working environment, VDA maintains an active file of qualified applicants’ resumes and also posts current openings on our website. These positions offer salaries commensurate with experience, competitive benefits, relocation assistance, and opportunity to advance careers with a firm recognized as one of the world’s finest independent specialty consultants.
The company welcomes applicants with solid experience, creativity, and enthusiasm. Joining the VDA team means collaborating with a group of dedicated people who build on a foundation of service, knowledge, and loyalty.
Administrative Assistant (New York)
Van Deusen & Associates (VDA) is looking for an Administrative Assistant based out of our New York City office. The ideal candidate should type a minimum of 50 wpm, have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office and the ability to support at least two consultants, including upper management. The individual will need to be responsible for meeting heavy deadlines and project follow up. Accuracy and clarity of finished documents is a must. The position also includes a shared responsibility of answering phones, pantry and all other administrative duties as assigned. The environment is fast paced and the ability to multi-task and switch gears constantly is a huge plus. A minimum of three to five years in a professional environment are required and a Bachelor’s degree preferred.
All interested individual should send their cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please included NYC Admin in your subject line. Van Deusen & Associates is an EOE.
- Answering and routing incoming client calls
- Proofing and editing reports, specifications and/or spreadsheets
- Handling and distributing daily incoming mail
- Processing/tracking and submitting NYC Department of Buildings mandated inspection forms
- Serving as backup for other support staff members
- Updating company database
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years experience working in a professional environment
- MS Office proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong customer service skills
- Proactive and enthusiastic demeanor
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communications skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work both autonomously and as a team member
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Flexibility to work additional hours if needed
- Ability to multi-task